To Generate a Certificate Signing Request - Exchange Server 2013
1. Log in to the Exchange Admin Center.
2. From the left menu, select Servers, and then click Certificates.
3. Click + to start the Exchange Certificate wizard.
4. Select Create a request for a certificate from a certification authority, and then click Next.
5. Enter a friendly name to identify this certificate, and then click Next.
6. If your CSR is for a wildcard certificate, select Request a wildcard certificate, enter the root domain name, and then click Next. Otherwise, click Next without selecting or entering anything.
7. For Store certificate request on this server, click Browse, select a server to store the pending certificate request, click OK, and then click Next.
8. Select an Access type (such as Outlook Web App or OWA), click Edit (pencil icon), enter the domain name that clients will use to connect to it, and then click OK. If necessary, repeat the process to secure additional services, and then click Next.
To select services, you must know exactly how your server is configured. If you want multiple services to use the same domain name (for example, if OWA, OAB, and EWS all use mail.exchange2013.com), you only have to enter the domain name for one of the services. Click Delete (trash icon) to remove any domain names that the SSL certificate doesn’t cover.
9. Select and/or add the domain names (also know as Subject Alternative Names or SANs) that you will use to reference or connect to your Exchange server, and then click Next.
10. Add your organization’s information, and then click Next:
a. Organization name — Enter the full legal name of your company or organization.
b. Department name — Enter the organization within the company (such as IT Department) responsible for the certificate.
c. Country/Region name — Select the country where the organization is legally registered.
d. City/Locality — Enter the full name of the city where your organization is registered.
e. State/Province — Enter the full name of the state or province where your organization is registered. If you do not have a state or province, enter your city information.
11. Enter a valid path (such as \\myserver\admin\csr.req) to save your CSR on your computer, and then Finish. Your pending certificate request displays in the Exchange Admin Center.